Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Chinese & Asian Recipes
- Coconut Curry Pork Kebabs (Gluten-Free)
Coconut Curry Pork Kebabs (Gluten-Free)
Celiac.com 09/24/2013 - Here's a quick, tasty way to enjoy Thai-style coconut curry on the barbecue. I like to prepare the marinade a day ahead of time, and let the pork marinate overnight, but they're pretty good with just a 30-minute soak before grilling. This is a great way to use up any extra pork chops.
- 1 pound pork loin or pork tenderloin, cubed
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon each Thai curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon red chili sauce
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- lime wedges as garnish
Puree coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, peanut butter, sugar and salt.
Marinate cubed pork loin in ⅓ of the sauce.
Skewer pork cubes 3 or 4 to a stick and coat meat generously with dry spices.
Grill, basting with ⅓ or less of the sauce.
Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges, and serve with the rest of the sauce, either alone as snacks, or with jasmine rice and vegetables for a full meal.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Really Good Gluten-Free Cashew Chicken
Cashew chicken is one of my favorite Asian dishes, but it's almost always made with Hoisin sauce, which usually includes wheat flour, so I usually avoid the temptation to order it when I'm out.... [READ MORE]
Korean-style BBQ Ribs (Gluten-Free)
Korean food is right at the top of my favorite international cuisine list, especially Korean barbecue.... [READ MORE]
Delicious Miso Soup with Chicken (Gluten-Free)
I love miso soup, but whenever I've made it at home, I've never been able to get the full, deep, rich, complex flavor that I routinely have at my favorite Japanese restaurants.... [READ MORE]
Vegetarian Spring Rolls / Egg Rolls (Gluten-Free)
It's Chinese New Year and spring rolls are a must have for a
traditional Chinese dinner.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity