Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Avocado Cucumber Mango Salsa (Gluten-Free)
Celiac.com 05/15/2014 - I’m a big salsa lover, and I love to make new salsa recipes and try them at home. When I get a good one, I like to incorporate it into my regular seasonal salsa rotation.
This recipe blends avocado, cucumber, mango and tomato with just the right amount of onion, cilantro and jalapeño to deliver a delightful zesty fruit salsa that is sure to disappear quickly.
- 3 yellow mangoes - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- zest and juice of 1 or 2 fresh limes, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Stir together the mango, tomato, cucumber, jalapeño pepper, onion, garlic, and cilantro in a mixing bowl. Season with lime juice, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
Stir in avocado right before serving with warm tortilla chips.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Bacon Swiss Cheddar Cheese Dip (Gluten-Free)
This dip is full of zesty bacon and cheese flavor that is sure to put smiles on the faces of your hungriest snackers.... [READ MORE]
Mixed Green and Roasted Beet Salad with Gorgonzola, Pear and Arugula (Gluten-Free)
Gorgonzola is a veined Italian blue cheese, made from unskimmed cow's and/or goat's milk.... [READ MORE]
Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts (Gluten-Free)
The decadent, borderline sinful combination of bacon and blue cheese is one I use sparingly, but with the season of dinner parties upon us, I can’t think of a better reason to break it out.... [READ MORE]
Glazed Carrots (Gluten-Free)
Butter and fresh tarragon were once my go-to dressing for carrots, but my flaring sweet tooth recently pulled me in a slightly different direction.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity