Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes (Spanish)
- Border-style Mixed Bean Salad (Gluten-Free)
Border-style Mixed Bean Salad (Gluten-Free)
This southwestern-style mixed bean salad is a big hit at potlucks and picnics. It’s easy to make, easy to transport, and can even be made a day or two ahead of time. This recipe is flexible. You can add or subtract ingredients according to your tastes.
- 1 small can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small can kidney beans, drained
- 1 small can canellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small can corn, drained
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons white sugar, to taste
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
In a large bowl, combine beans, bell peppers, corn, and red onion.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, lemon juice, sugar, salt, garlic, cilantro, cumin, and black pepper. Season to taste with hot sauce and chili powder.
Pour olive oil dressing over vegetables; mix well. Chill thoroughly, and serve cold.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Authentic Red Enchilada Sauce (Gluten-Free)
The secret to great enchiladas lies in the sauce.... [READ MORE]
Great Summertime Gazpacho (Gluten-Free)
A good Gazpacho soup is a thing of joy that will put a smile on your face, and leave you begging for more warm days to relish this chilled delight.... [READ MORE]
Lime-Marinated Flank Steak with Herb Salsa (Gluten-Free)
This is a really versatile recipe for steak.... [READ MORE]
Lasagno - Mexican Lasagna (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Meredith Misner.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity