Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Pork Chops in Ginger Raspberry Marinade (Gluten-Free)
Pork Chops in Ginger Raspberry Marinade (Gluten-Free)
Celiac.com 06/24/2014 - I love pickling and marinating things. Lately, I’ve been pickling vegetables like cucumbers, turnips, and marinating everything from fish and chicken to mushrooms and pork.
I’ve also been looking for a recipe that will deliver a special, romantic dinner without too much time or effort. This recipe offers a delicious summertime twist to the regular pork chop.
- 2 thick bone-in pork chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 cup fresh seedless raspberry pureé
- ½ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- Generous dash of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Use a strainer and a whisk over a bowl to de-seed fresh raspberries for enough raspberry pureé to make 1 cup.
Whisk raspberry pureé, lemon juice, salt, ginger, and pepper together in a bowl; add pork chops and turn to coat.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, but ideally overnight.
Remove pork from the marinade and shake to remove any extra liquid. Toss out the remaining marinade.
Grill at 425 Fahrenheit, 3-5 minutes on each side until done. Serve with rice and vegetables for a lean, healthy, delicious meal.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Brown Rice and Spinach Salad (Gluten-Free)
This hearty salad is wonderful in the summer when tomatoes peak, but the cherry or grape varieties hold up pretty well year-round.... [READ MORE]
Mom's Gluten-free Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
This recipe is a classic that is perfect for a cold Winter's day.... [READ MORE]
Holiday Turkey Brine Recipe (Gluten-Free)
Make the best holiday turkey ever with this turkey brine recipe.... [READ MORE]
Vegan Breakfast Sausage (Gluten-Free)
Because of my various dietary restrictions, I have a very difficult time finding healthy, savory breakfast choices.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity