Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Baked Potato Salad with Bacon (Gluten-Free)
Baked Potato Salad with Bacon (Gluten-Free)
07/01/2014 - Fair warning: This is one of those quintessentially American dishes that includes bacon, cheese and sour cream. Oh, and mayonnaise. Let's not forget the mayonnaise.
Because of this, it is pretty much guaranteed to be a big, fat hit at your next potluck or barbecue.
- 10 small white potatoes, peeled with skins on
- 6 slices cooked, crisp bacon, diced
- 4 green onions
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces sour cream
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons gluten-free brown mustard (I use Annie’s)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Ground pepper to taste
Wash and peel white potatoes. Leave skins on red potatoes
Cube and boil potatoes with salt. Drain well.
Crumble bacon and slice onions (including tops).
Combine sour cream, pepper, mustard and mayonnaise, vinegar, and mix into potatoes.
Add bacon, onions and cheese, keeping some aside for topping, and toss into potatoes.
Pour into baking dish.
Top with reserved cheese, onions, and bacon.
Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes, until cheese melts and bubbles.
Serve hot, or refrigerate and serve cold. Tastes great either way.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Scalloped Potatoes Au Gratin (Gluten-Free)
This recipes combines thinly sliced potatoes, Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses and cream with a few herbs and spices to deliver a tasty variation on traditional scalloped potatoes.... [READ MORE]
Gluten-free Beer Can Chicken
Beer can chicken is one of those simple, no fuss grilling options that never fails to draw a smile from guests.... [READ MORE]
Classic Marinated Steak Kebabs (Gluten-Free)
Few things answer the siren call of the BBQ grill better than steak.... [READ MORE]
Denver Oven Omelette (Gluten-Free)
Looking for some great gluten-free breakfast ideas? This recipe will satisfy the whole family!This recipe comes to us from Shirley Braden.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity