Do You Have Celiac Disease and Have Questions Or Need Help?
Join Celiac.com's forum / message board and get your questions answered! Our forum has nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS just waiting to help you with any questions about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We'll see you there!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Indian and Middle Eastern Recipes
- Sausage, Red Onion and Bell Kebabs (Gluten-Free)
Sausage, Red Onion and Bell Kebabs (Gluten-Free)
Melissa Bess Reed has been living gluten-free after diagnosed with celiac disease in 1998, and Hashimoto Thyroiditis in 2012. Both autoimmune disorders require a gluten-free diet. Melissa is a CMA via an Associate of Science Degree in Medical Assisting. She graduated top of her class Alpha Beta Kappa, volunteers for Celiac Disease Foundation Team Gluten Free and is an advocate for awareness groups like National Foundation for Celiac Awareness. She has continued on to Law School working on a Juris Doctorate Degree. Melissa has a Harvard Medical School CME Certification for Celiac Disease Gluten-Free Diet Education and a Great Kitchens NFCA Gluten-Free FOH Training Certificate. She is an author of gluten-free cookbooks and has a certified gluten-free line of foods; Gluten Free Lifestyle Series. PHOTO CREDIT: Kelly Segre
Gluten Free Lifestyle Series Blog
Gluten Free Lifestyle Series Facebook
Gluten Free Lifestyle Series Twitter
Celiac.com 08/05/2014 - Summer Grill Favorite the Kebab: Gluten Free Smoked Keilbasa Sausage with Red Onion and Bell Peppers. Celiacs Rejoice!
To make Sausage Kebabs you need:
- 1 Package Gluten Free Smoked Sausage Kielbasa
- Red Onion
- Large Bell Pepper
- Bamboo Skewers
- Gluten Free Honey Mustard
- Olive Oil
- Salt and White Pepper to taste
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes before preparing the kebabs. Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- Wash the bell pepper and chop into squares about 1”-2” in size. Chop the red onion in to similar size squares. Slice the Gluten Free Kielbasa.
- Thread the Kielbasa, onion and bell pepper onto the bamboo skewers. Drizzle assembled kebabs with olive oil, season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Place the kebabs on broiler pan and broil for about 10 minutes.
- Remove kebabs from the broiler. Arrange on a serving plate with a small bowl of Gluten Free Honey Mustard to dip the kebabs into. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Fragrant Coconut Rice (Gluten-Free)
If you've never had coconut rice, then you are in for a treat.... [READ MORE]
Vegetarian Tikka Masala (Gluten-Free)
This recipe is very exciting to me, because it is a vegetarian version of my favorite food.... [READ MORE]
Sun Dried Tomato Hummus (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Tiffany (tarnalberry in the Gluten-Free
Forum.... [READ MORE]
Hari's Suicide Potatoes (Gluten-Free)
They arent really that hot, but some people
(wimps) think they are!
potatoes, diced (I like to peel, since my mom always did,
but its not mandatory)
1 large or 2 medium-sized onions, finely chopped into half-rings
1-2 tablespoons black mustard seeds
1 tablespoon channa dal (a kind of dried lentil)
1-2 teaspoons urad dal (another kind of dried lentil)
3 - 4 dried red chilies
Red chili powder (to taste)
1 teaspoon turmeric
Salt (to taste)
a large pot (with its lid or capable of being covered),
heat about 5 tablespoons of oil (same heating directions
as for lemon rice).... [READ MORE]