Do You Have Celiac Disease and Have Questions Or Need Help?
Join Celiac.com's forum / message board and get your questions answered! Our forum has nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS just waiting to help you with any questions about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We'll see you there!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Fresh Salad with Havarti and Crisp Apple (Gluten-Free)
Melissa Bess Reed has been living gluten-free after diagnosed with celiac disease in 1998, and Hashimoto Thyroiditis in 2012. Both autoimmune disorders require a gluten-free diet. Melissa is a CMA via an Associate of Science Degree in Medical Assisting. She graduated top of her class Alpha Beta Kappa, volunteers for Celiac Disease Foundation Team Gluten Free and is an advocate for awareness groups like National Foundation for Celiac Awareness. She has continued on to Law School working on a Juris Doctorate Degree. Melissa has a Harvard Medical School CME Certification for Celiac Disease Gluten-Free Diet Education and a Great Kitchens NFCA Gluten-Free FOH Training Certificate. She is an author of gluten-free cookbooks and has a certified gluten-free line of foods; Gluten Free Lifestyle Series. PHOTO CREDIT: Kelly Segre
Gluten Free Lifestyle Series Blog
Gluten Free Lifestyle Series Facebook
Gluten Free Lifestyle Series Twitter
Celiac.com 09/04/2014 - Enjoy the combination of Havarti Cheese, Crisp Apple and Almonds in this fresh salad!
To make fresh Havarti and Apple salad for four you need:
- 8 oz. Havarti Cheese
- 5 Cups Organic Mixed Baby Greens
- 2 Cups Organic Crisp Apple, Gala or Granny Smith diced
- Gluten Free Vinaigrette, chilled
- Sea Salt and Ground Pepper, to taste
- 4 tbs. Almonds, sliced optional
- Place 4 salad plates with the forks on top of the stack, into the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the salad.
- Rinse the organic mixed baby greens and pat dry with a paper towel or use a salad spinner.
- In a large salad bowl arrange the mixed baby greens and layer diced apples on top.
- Next, drizzle the mixed baby greens and organic diced apples with Gluten Free vinaigrette; mix well.
- Then layer the Havarti and sliced almonds over the salad mixture. Place bowl of salad into refrigerator 5-10 minutes.
- Season fresh salad to taste, serve immediately onto the chilled salad plates and enjoy with chilled salad forks!
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Summertime Watermelon Lime Coolers (Gluten-Free)
Here’s another easy summertime drink that will turn a few heads.... [READ MORE]
Kale and Swiss Chard Stir Fry (Gluten-Free)
There is a variation on this tasty recipe using Rainbow Swiss chard and pine nuts on my Web site.... [READ MORE]
Roasted Artichokes and Broccoli (Gluten-Free)
I find baby artichokes a little underrated; they’re easier to handle and usually cheaper.... [READ MORE]
Pao de Queijo (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Judy Tolliver.... [READ MORE]