Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Grilled Pineapple Mango Salsa (Gluten-Free)
Celiac.com 09/16/2014 - In response to a request to add some low-fat, recipes to the mix, I offer this recipe for pineapple mango salsa. It pairs great with grilled fish and delivers fresh, low-fat summer flavor.
- 6 slices fresh pineapple, grilled
- 4-6 tomatillos, grilled
- 1 red bell pepper, grilled
- 1 jalapeño pepper, grilled
- ½ Serrano pepper, grilled
- 3 large yellow mangos - peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 small white onion, grilled
- 1 small fresh red onion, diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
- 1½ teaspoons lime zest
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat; lightly oil the grate.
Cook the pineapple, red bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper on the grill, turning frequently, until the pineapple has mild grill marks and the peppers are browned on all sides, about 3 minutes for pineapple and 5 to 7 minutes for peppers.
Carefully remove from grill and place peppers in paper bag to cool.
After peppers are cool, rub skins off gently with paper towels, cut in half, and remove and discard seeds.
Dice the cooled pineapple and peppers, and place into a bowl.
Add the mango, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and lime zest; stir to combine.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours to 1 day before serving.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Bacon Swiss Cheddar Cheese Dip (Gluten-Free)
This dip is full of zesty bacon and cheese flavor that is sure to put smiles on the faces of your hungriest snackers.... [READ MORE]
Summertime Watermelon Lime Coolers (Gluten-Free)
Here’s another easy summertime drink that will turn a few heads.... [READ MORE]
Pecan Cauliflower Bites (Gluten-Free)
This lovely dish makes an outstanding appetize, side dish with your favorite meal, or a nice h'orderve at a party.... [READ MORE]
5 Gluten-Free Ways with Tomatoes
Here are 5 quick n' easy ways to enjoy Tomatoes in meals, snacks and desserts.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity