Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Greek Recipes
- Connie Sarros’ Greek Burger Patties
Connie Sarros’ Greek Burger Patties
This article originally appeared in the Autumn 2003 edition of Celiac.com's Journal of Gluten-Sensitivity.
Celiac.com 09/18/2014 - Right now, it is considered the “in” thing to be on a low carbohydrate diet. Dr. Atkins has become a household word. Try this great low carb recipe for your gluten-free and low carb diet.
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ lb. ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dill
- ½ teaspoon mint
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tomato, minced
- 3 Tablespoons low-salt feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
In a small pan, sauté onions and garlic in oil over medium heat until tender but not browned; transfer to a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients to bowl and mix well. Form into 4 patties. Grill or broil patties about 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Serves 4.
Calories: 305; Total fat: 25g; Saturated fat: 10.1g; Cholesterol: 68.1mg; Sodium: 135.6mg; Carbohydrates: 4.4g; Fiber: 0.7g; Sugar: 1.1g; Protein: 15.7
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Having a Great Gluten-free Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving is upon us once again, and celiac.... [READ MORE]
Celiac.com's Best Gluten-free Thanksgiving and Holiday Guide
The holidays are upon us, once again, and that means it's time to
remind folks that a little planning and preparation will help anyone
with celiac disease or gluten intolerance to enjoy a safe, delicious
gluten-free Thanksgiving and holiday season without worrying about
inadvertently eating wheat or gluten.... [READ MORE]
Celiac.com's Best Gluten-free Holiday Stuffing Recipe (Gluten Free Thanksgiving Dressing)
Stuffing is standard fare at just about every Thanksgiving or holiday meal that involves a bird.... [READ MORE]
Applesauce-Oat Muffins (Gluten-Free and may be Dairy, Soy and Egg-Free)
Ingredients:½ cup granulated cane sugar½ cup butter or Earth Balance Buttery Sticks (dairy-free & vegan) or Earth Balance Buttery Spread (dairy-free and soy-free & vegan) at room temperature½ cup vanilla yogurt (dairy or soy, coconut or rice)1 cup unsweetened applesauce2 large eggs (or egg substitute (Ener-G) works great)2 cups Jules Gluten Free All Purpose Flour*1 teaspoon baking soda2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder2 tablespoons (heaping) flax seed meal¼ cup certified gluten-free oats1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon½ teaspoon.... [READ MORE]
Connie Sarros travels the country speaking to celiac support groups.Â She has a DVD “All You Wanted to Know About Gluten-free Cooking” and has written the following books:
- Newly Diagnosed Survival Kit
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Dessert Cookbook
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Recipes for Special Diets
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Reduced Calorie Cookbook
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Cookbook for Kids and Busy Adults
- Gluten-free Cooking for Dummies
View all articles by Connie Sarros
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity