Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Connie Sarros’ Crock Pot Pork Chops (Gluten-Free)
Connie Sarros’ Crock Pot Pork Chops (Gluten-Free)
This article originally appeared in the Winter 2004 edition of Celiac.com's Journal of Gluten-Sensitivity.
Celiac.com 09/24/2014 - Every year, life seems to get more hectic. There is never enough time to get the things done on the ever-growing “to-do” list, let alone find time to relax. This recipe takes only 4 minutes to assemble!
- 2 pounds pork chops
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy
- ½ cup gluten-free Italian dressing
- 1 small bottle gluten-free barbecue sauce
The night before, wash chops then pat them dry with paper towels. Sprinkle garlic powder on both sides of the chops, and then place them in a resealable plastic bag. Pour in soy sauce and Italian dressing; seal bag and refrigerate overnight. In the morning place chops and marinade in a crock-pot, add the barbecue sauce by lifting the chops with a fork to distribute it evenly. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. This recipe serves 4-6 people.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Having a Great Gluten-free Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving is upon us once again, and celiac.... [READ MORE]
Popcorn Bread - Bread Machine Recipe (Gluten-Free)
This is a fun recipe to make with kids – they can pop popcorn and watch it transform into flour before their eyes.... [READ MORE]
Favorite Fall Stuffing (Gluten-Free)
Once I perfected the art of making delicious gluten-free bread, I decided I was ready to tackle the nuances: bread pudding, stuffing and the like.... [READ MORE]
Multi Blend Gluten-Free Flour (Wendy Wark's Gluten-Free Flour Mix)
When I started eating gluten-free food I discovered a flour mix in a book
called Living Healthy with Celiac Disease, Wendy Wark (AnAffect, 1998).... [READ MORE]
Connie Sarros travels the country speaking to celiac support groups.Â She has a DVD “All You Wanted to Know About Gluten-free Cooking” and has written the following books:
- Newly Diagnosed Survival Kit
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Dessert Cookbook
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Recipes for Special Diets
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Reduced Calorie Cookbook
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Cookbook for Kids and Busy Adults
- Gluten-free Cooking for Dummies
View all articles by Connie Sarros