Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Gluten-free Eggnogg Cheesecake
Gluten-free Eggnogg Cheesecake
Celiac.com 12/04/2014 - Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts. This version incorporates holiday eggnog for a rich, delicious cheesecake that’s sure to put a smile of the faces of most anyone. It makes a great potluck item that will have people asking for more.
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1¼ cup almond meal (or finely ground raw almonds)
- ⅓ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar (for crust)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free flour or potato starch
- ¾ cup whole milk eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Melt butter and combine with almond meal and sugar, mix well until all butter is absorbed.
Spread into an 8" or 9-inch springform pan, pushing into corners and on edges.
Bake crust for 10 minutes or until slightly browned.
Remove from oven, and set aside.
TIP: Place a small ovenproof pan of water in the oven when baking. This will help to ensure a moist cheesecake.
In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, eggnog, eggs, rum and cinnamon and nutmeg.
Use a mixer or wire pastry cutter to mix well.
Pour mixture into pre-baked crust and bake at 350°F (180°C) for 45-50 minutes, or until cake is barely firm in the center, but still jiggly.
Remove from oven and loosen cake rim. Cool cake completely and remove ring of the springform pan.
Cover lightly and refrigerate until completely chilled before serving.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Springtime Strawberry Mousse (Gluten-Free)
I recently rediscovered my love of all things mousse.... [READ MORE]
Strawberry Shortcakes (Gluten-Free)
Homemade strawberry shortcakes remind me of being a kid.... [READ MORE]
Chocolate Cupcakes with Coffee Frosting (Gluten-Free)
I never had a desire to eat cupcakes, until I went gluten-free.... [READ MORE]
Carrot Cake #3 & Cream Cheese Frosting (Gluten-Free)
2 cups gluten-Free Flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons soda
2 cups grated carrots
1 ½ cups of oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 small can crushed pineapple (drained)
Mix dry ingredients.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity