Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Perfect Potluck Salsa (Gluten-Free)
This easy-to-make recipe combines tomatoes, black beans, corn and spices to deliver a sure to please salsa that makes a welcome addition to any game day potluck or friendly gathering.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, diced. optional
Place an undrained can of tomatoes in a large bowl; drain the remaining can and add to the bowl.
Stir in the chopped fresh tomatoes, corn, beans, onion, lime juice, cilantro, vinegar, pepper sauce, garlic and seasonings. Stir in jalapeño, as desired.
Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Cold Buffalo Chicken Wing Salad (Gluten-Free)
A cool fresh green salad is one of my favorite things to eat on a hot day.... [READ MORE]
Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip (Gluten-Free)
A great dip can be the foundation of a great potluck.... [READ MORE]
Grilled Pineapple Mango Salsa (Gluten-Free)
In response to a request to add some low-fat, recipes to the mix, I offer this recipe for pineapple mango salsa.... [READ MORE]
Glazed Carrots (Gluten-Free)
Butter and fresh tarragon were once my go-to dressing for carrots, but my flaring sweet tooth recently pulled me in a slightly different direction.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams