Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Grilled Southwestern-style Chicken (Gluten-Free)
Grilled Southwestern-style Chicken (Gluten-Free)
Celiac.com 04/28/2015 - This recipe delivers every time. Make an easy marinade in the food processor or blender. Marinate the chicken overnight, and toss it on the grill to make a winning lunch or dinner entree.
- 8 chicken thighs or 4 chicken breast halves, on the bone
- Marinade ingredients
- ½ large yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- Juice from 1 lime, or 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 handful cilantro leaf, as desired
Put all marinade ingredients in the blender or food processor and liquify.
Put marinade in a gallon-size zip lock bag and add chicken pieces. Turn a few times to distribute marinade.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours I leave it for about 10 hours. Remove chicken from marinade and place on hot grill.
Grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked. and juices run clear when poked.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Gluten-free Venison Stew
I don't often eat venison, but when I do, I like to make this rich, delicious venison stew.... [READ MORE]
Gluten-Free Pasta Salad
Here's a great pasta salad for your summer BBQ or picnic!
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 pound gluten-free penne pasta
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and cut crosswise into thirds
4 ounces goat cheese, broken into pieces
2 scallions, finely chopped
1 Tbsp.... [READ MORE]
Hearty Harvest Oatmeal (Gluten-Free)
If you're like me, the recent cold weather has you longing for the heat waves of the past summer.... [READ MORE]
Greek Meat Loaf (Gluten-Free)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
½ cup shredded carrot
½ cup shredded raw potato
1 small eggplant (1 pound), trimmed, pared, and shredded
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 pounds lean ground beef
4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided in half
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 medium tomatoes, peeled and finely diced
1½ cup fine dry bread gluten-free bread crumbs
3 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon pepper
Pinch of cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons sugar
Preheat oven to 350 F.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams