Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Easy Grilled Summer Vegetable Medley (Gluten-Free)
Celiac.com 07/21/2015 - This summer vegetable medley is just an assortment of my favorite vegetables, seasoned and grilled. They make a great addition to any grilled meat or fish, and are always popular at cookouts.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh brown mushrooms tops, cleaned, stem removed
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced into wide slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and sliced into wide slices
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored and sliced into wide slices
- 6 fresh green zucchinis, sliced ¼-inch thick, lengthwise
- 6 fresh yellow zucchinis, sliced ¼-inch thick, lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons grill seasoning (recipe below)
In a mixing bowl, toss vegetables with oil until well-coated.
Add grill seasoning, and toss again, making sure vegetables are well-coated with seasoning.
Using tongs, place vegetables on a medium hot grill.
Cook until vegetables are well-seared, but tender. Be sure to flip them midway through to cook each side.
Serve with rice and fish or meat of choice.
Gluten-Free Grill Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
Mix all ingredients together well and store in an airtight container.
Use it for anything you're grilling or when you're looking for a grilled taste.
Vary ingredients as desired, keeping basic ingredient ratios in mind.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Roasted Curry Cauliflower Bites (Gluten-Free)
This gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free dish is a wonderful vegan snack or side dish!
Gluten-Free and Vegan
1 large head organic cauliflower
1 ½ tsp.... [READ MORE]
Basil Cherry Stuffed Mushrooms (Gluten-Free)
Here's a great recipe to wow your guests for any gathering you might have.... [READ MORE]
Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts (Gluten-Free)
The decadent, borderline sinful combination of bacon and blue cheese is one I use sparingly, but with the season of dinner parties upon us, I can’t think of a better reason to break it out.... [READ MORE]
Roasted Artichokes and Broccoli (Gluten-Free)
I find baby artichokes a little underrated; they’re easier to handle and usually cheaper.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity