Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Grilled Yogurt Buttermilk Chicken (Gluten-Free)
Grilled Yogurt Buttermilk Chicken (Gluten-Free)
Celiac.com 07/28/2015 - Chicken is marinated in yogurt, buttermilk and herbs, then grilled outside for a tangy, tender treat that's sure to make a bit hit at your next grill session.
- 12 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 whole chickens
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh whole milk yogurt
- ½ cup fresh rosemary, gently crushed
- ½ cup fresh thyme, minced
- ½ cup fresh oregano, chopped, or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- vegetable oil, for grilling
Combine buttermilk, yogurt, onion powder, garlic, herbs, 2 tablespoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper.
Clean and cut each chicken into 8 pieces, then divide between two large plastic food storage bags. Add marinade to each bag, and move chicken around until it's well-coated.
Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, turning chicken occasionally.
Remove chicken from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.
Heat grill to medium with direct and indirect heat zones. Brush grates with oil.
Remove chicken from marinade, and pat dry with paper towels and place on a plate. Discard marinade.
Grill breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks, skin side down, over direct heat for about 10 minutes.
Flip, move to cooler grill area, and cook, covered, about 10-15 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of thighs registers 165F.
Grill wings over direct heat, turning as needed, until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Grilled Southwestern-style Chicken (Gluten-Free)
This recipe delivers every time.... [READ MORE]
Grilled Pork Chop with Steamed Vegetables and Mashed White Sweet Potatoes (Gluten-Free)
Sure, lots of the meals I make are variations on meals that traditionally contain gluten.... [READ MORE]
Fried Chicken (Gluten-Free)
This classic American recipe comes to us from "Darn210" in the Gluten-Free Forum.... [READ MORE]
Chicken Wings (Gluten-Free)
5 pounds chicken drummettes
Garlic salt to taste
1/3 cup catsup
1 cup cornstarch
1¼ cup brown sugar
3 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
2 tablespoons oil for frying
¾ cup cider vinegar
½ cup chicken broth
Preheat oven to 300F.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams