Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Chinese & Asian Recipes
- Gluten-free Sesame Chicken
Gluten-free Sesame Chicken
Celiac.com 08/11/2015 - Sesame chicken is a big favorite with American diners. It's also a dish I generally avoid at restaurants, due to gluten concerns.
Fortunately, sesame chicken is pretty easy to make. Here's a recipe for delicious gluten-free sesame chicken that comes together easily, and will have your guests smiling.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons potato starch or tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola or safflower oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce, or tamari
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoons pepper
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a bowl, whisk together chicken stock, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, garlic cloves, soy sauce and vinegar. Set aside.
Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
Toss chicken with salt, pepper and tapioca flour or potato starch.
Add olive oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil to skillet, and once hot, add chicken in a single layer.
Cook until seared and golden on one side, then turn and cook until golden again, about 2-3 minutes. Remove chicken onto a paper towel as it finishes cooking.
Pour chicken stock mixture over top and toss to coat, then turn off heat.
Place skillet in oven and bake at 400 degrees F for 15–20 minutes, until sizzling hot.
Remove and top with sesame seeds.
Serve with choice and brown or white rice.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Sweet and Sour Chicken (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from "Carriefaith"
in the Gluten-Free Forum.... [READ MORE]
Pork Spring Rolls (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Nisla Whetstone.... [READ MORE]
Coating (for 2 pounds boneless chicken pieces, skinned):
3 large egg whites
1 cup cornstarch
¼ teaspoon cayenne
½ teaspoon baking soda
Oil ½ cup plus
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon minced ginger root
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 dash crushed hot red chilies
¼ cup chopped green onions
1 tablespoon rice wine
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Orange Sauce (mix in bowl):
1 ½ tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
1 ½ tablespoon water
5 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons rice vinegar
Beat egg whites until frothy.... [READ MORE]
Pineapple Chicken (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Valerie Wells.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity