Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Italian Recipes
- Asparagus Frittata (Gluten-Free)
Asparagus Frittata (Gluten-Free)
Celiac.com 10/20/2016 - I love a good frittata! A good frittata can hold its own at breakfast, lunch, or dinner, oh, and of course, at brunch.
This frittata marries eggs, ricotta cheese, Gruyere and chives with the lovely and now plentiful asparagus to deliver one very tasty dish.
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends discarded, spears cut diagonally to 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
Heat butter into a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Add shallots and cook until soft and clear, about 3 minutes.
Add asparagus and cook for 3 more minutes.
Beat together eggs and ricotta cheese, stir in the chives and tarragon.
Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook until almost set, but still runny on top, about 4 to 5 minutes. While cooking, heat oven broiler.
Sprinkle Gruyere cheese over the eggs and place under the broiler until cheese is melts and and bubbles, and the center is set, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Remove pan from oven with oven mitts and slide frittata onto a serving plate.
Cut into wedges.
Mind the hot pan!
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
This recipe comes to us from Marian Wisnev.... [READ MORE]
Eggplant Parmesan (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Robin Moore (Can also be chicken
parmesan, shrimp parmesan, veal, etc.... [READ MORE]
Chicken Cacciatore (Gluten-Free)
3 lb.... [READ MORE]
This recipe comes to us from Mireille Cote in Canada.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity