Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Italian Recipes
- Focaccia Bread (Gluten-Free)
Focaccia Bread (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Dawn Baumgartner.
- Prepare the following: Put sugar in water and add yeast, set aside:
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 ¼ teaspoons Red Star rapid rising dry yeast (1 packet)
- Prepare the following: Whisk 6 ingredients below together and set
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mix egg and olive oil together (below) and then add the sugar,
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add the flour mix and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Grease a 10 by 15 jelly roll an or a 9 by 15 flat cake pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Pour the dough into pan and spread (it doesnt really pour - just so you know--get out your favorite Pampered Chef spatula or one that doesnt stick to everything).
- Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil over dough and a dash of onion salt (optional) and the 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (I generally use more than 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese).
- Cover and let rise 20-25 minutes - Heat oven to 400F - bake for 20-25 minutes.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Baked Pesto Chicken (Gluten-Free)
This recipe for basil chicken is easy to make, and sure to please.... [READ MORE]
Gluten-free Italian-style Meatballs
Meatballs are another of those many culinary delights I kind of left behind upon going gluten-free, especially at restaurants.... [READ MORE]
Chicken Saltimbocca (Gluten-Free)
The retirement of the family that owned Niccolino’s, one of my favorite Italian restaurants in the charming northern California town of Cotati, inspired me to honor them with a variation on their traditional veal saltimbocca recipe.... [READ MORE]
J.R.'s Pasta (Gluten-Free)
This recipe was sent to me by Shelley Hood.... [READ MORE]
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity