Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Corn Bread Stuffing #2 (Gluten-Free)
Corn Bread Stuffing #2 (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Renee Henrikson.
3 cups cooled, and crumbled cornbread,
8-10 slices white gluten-free bread, broken into small pieces (You could start
with 6 pieces, since gluten-free bread will soak up the liquids so fast)
1 stick margarine
½ large onion, chopped
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon powdered sage
Salt to taste
Add broth from turkey ( I used a 16 oz. can of chicken or turkey broth)
You may have to add water too. It needs to be quite juicy or it will be dry.
Bake uncovered about 25-30 minutes at 350F, or until browned.
Last year I tried dressing in the crock pot and it was really good – I was short on oven space and read about using the crock pot. Butter or oil the sides - put in stuffing and bake on high for 1 hour then reduce to low for 4-5 hours. Watch it the last hour or so as it gets really crispy on sides and bottom.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity