Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Brownie Recipes
- Here Comes Trouble Brownies (Gluten-Free)
Here Comes Trouble Brownies (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Valerie Wells.
(1) Melt 1 stick of butter, 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate plus 1 tablespoon coconut oil or other cooking oil in an 8 square baking pan (I put them in the oven for 4 or 5 five minutes while it preheats and I assemble the other ingredients. Be careful not to over heat it and burn the chocolate).
(2) Add to pan:
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup gluten-free flour (half rice flour/half corn starch)
¼ teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
2 tablespoons Jell-O Instant pudding mix (I used vanilla flavor)
1 teaspoon vanilla
(3) Stir until smooth. Bake 27 to 30 minutes at 350F. Cool before frosting.
Frosting: Gently soften ½ bag semi-sweet chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons butter in the top of a double boiler (or a metal or glass mixing bowl set over boiling water). When thoroughly melted, stir in a few tablespoons of powdered confectioners sugar until smooth. Spread over brownies and sprinkle with chopped nuts while still warm.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Gluten-free Irish Cream Brownies
One day, I had a couple of packages of gluten-free brownie mix that needed to be used.... [READ MORE]
Devil's Food Brownies (Gluten-Free)
I was never a big cake fan, in fact for my birthday I always asked for pie or torte rather than cake.... [READ MORE]
Butterscotch Brownies (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Jo Ann Boyd.... [READ MORE]
Fudge Brownies (Gluten-Free)
The following recipe appeared in Volume 6, Number
1 (January 1997) of the Sprue-Nik Press which is published by
the Tri-County Celiac Sprue Support Group, a chapter of CSA/USA,
Inc.... [READ MORE]
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity