Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Kathleen La Point
- By Kathleen La Point
- Published 09/8/2008
- Gluten-Free Diet, Celiac Disease & Codex Alimentarius Wheat Starch
Preliminary data suggest that probiotic dietary supplements containing Bifidobacterium lactis may be useful in preventing or healing cellular damage caused by gluten-contaminated foods.
Although it has been assumed that sorghum is safe for gluten-intolerant people, this hypothesis had not previously been tested. The results of this small study indicate that sorghum is highly likely to be safe for celiac patients, although more studies are needed.