Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
My name is Carissa and I was diagnosed with celiac disease in early 2009. Being diagnosed has changed my life for the better. I am grateful everyday to be gluten-free. My doctor advised I see a nutritionist and by the time I saw her, which was 3 weeks after being diagnosed I already knew more than she did about celiac disease. I also had an interest in nutrition but after realizing that my nutritionist knew very little about celiac disease I decided to study nutrition, which is what I am doing now. I spend a lot of time studying anything related to gluten free, it is my passion in life. Since being diagnosed I have helped many people around me realize how harmful modernized wheat is to our bodies and many of those people I have educated have given up wheat and feel great and have me to thank.
I recently attended the FDA'S Gluten Free Food Labeling Act Webinar and I wanted to share with others who could not attend what I learned from it.
- By Carissa Bell
- Published 09/26/2013