Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Sonja, who was born and raised in Germany but is now a happy Austinite, is currently finishing her Ph.D. in English at The University of Southern Mississippi. Besides her studies in literature, Sonja has been involved in film projects and is now focusing on her documentary film 100% Gluten-Free.
In September 2013, Sonja found out that the symptoms she had been suffering from since early childhood were all due to the gluten in her diet. After months of research, Sonja decided to make a documentary film to raise awareness of the rising prevalence of celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS) as well as to provide educational and emotional support to everyone who has recently been diagnosed with celiac disease or NCGS. You can follow her project on Facebook, Twitter, and on the film’s website 100percentglutenfree.com.
In September 2013, I found out that if I want to be healthy, I have to eat a strict gluten-free diet. Not only that, but I also have to avoid corn, casein, beef, chicken, shrimp, garlic, yeast, grapes, cantaloupe, and cauliflower. When I go to a restaurant, my diet restrictions eliminate almost everything on the menu.