Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- By Renee Hoak
- Published 01/17/2010
Though I know it sounds like I'm complaining, I just wonder how do you go about repeatedly telling a person what you can and cannot eat with out getting so frustrated every time? The worst is when you have to go through a fast food place and they look at you like your crazy because you say "Sorry there is nothing for me to eat here!." I guess Celiac disease has more to it then not only being able to eat much! Frustration...
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).
Hello, My name is Renee Hoak and I was "first" diagnosed with celiac disease when I was 16. I say "first" in such a way because I feel like my doctors don't really know what to tell me anymore. I gained over 40lbs in 2 years, was getting sick all of the time and had test after test done on me. So now I am following the celiac diet and have lost weight after 4 years and still trying to deal with this disease. Other than that, I am in cosmetology school eager to work and live my life!
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity