Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
My Fair Breakfasts
- By Carol Frilegh
- Published 05/20/2010
- Egg crepe topped with sliced strawberries,
- Breakfast cheesecake, Crumbled Specific Carbohydrate Diet nut muffin, mixed with dry curd cottage cheese moistened with yogurt, sweetened with honey.
- Grilled cheese on Specific Carbohydrate Diet toasted nut flour bread
- Midas Gold Pancake, with orange juice and honey syrup.
- Specific Carbohydrate Diet quiche. (Egg, yogurt, grated cheese and onion. Optional crust of pressed almond flour and melted butter baked first.)
- Specific Carbohydrate Diet granola made with dried fruit and nut pieces and homemade nut milk poured over it.
- Homemade sausage with an Specific Carbohydrate Diet omelet (include diced vegetables of your choice, pieces of cheese and even cooked bacon pieces.
- Poached egg on steamed asparagus or spinach or even mashed butternut squash.
- Naturally smoked salmon with dripped yogurt cream cheese, and herbs. Specific Carbohydrate Diet crackers.
- Specific Carbohydrate Diet Biscotti with homemade jam. Try coffee that sings. Make your coffee with added vanilla and cinnamon Add legal sweetener, honey or saccharin if you like. Breakfast may become your favorite meal.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).
I am 79 an undiagnosed Celiac, since March 2000. I had chronic sinus infections and fluctuating weight, lost 86 pounds, got pneumonia, and needed antibiotic and Prednisone. I also got MCS and Latex Allergy. Unable to eat without pain, I started The Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD). Things began to improve at once. I am not cured but SCD has been effective in managing the Celiac and helped improve my damaged immune system. It is a bit stricter than the gluten-free casein-free diet.
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity