Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Seneca Crisp Onions are Gluten-free
- By Hallie Davis
- Published 07/13/2010
So I was absolutely delighted when I found a new product on the shelves of my local Giant: "Crisp Onions" made by Seneca Farms. They smell and taste much like Durkee's french fried onions, but just don't have flour on them. Here is the list of ingredients for "Crisp Onions": "Onions, Canola, Sunflower
My only question was whether the maltodextrin was free of gluten, so I wrote an email to the company asking. And here was the reply of Jan Stouch at their company:
"I have verified with the supplier of the maltodextrin that it is wheat/gluten free. Seneca Foods Consumer Affairs"
I also know that Progresso now also makes a gluten-free Creamy Mushshroom Soup. Or I may use Classico's new gluten free "Mushroom Alfredo Sauce." Decisions, decisions! :) It's going to be broccoli casserole tonight, and quick and easy as it used to be! Yum! Can't wait.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).
I am a retired Doctor of Optometry after practicing for 20 years. I have monoclonal gammopathy (paraproteinemia), limited systemic scleroderma, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, obstructive sleep apnea, beginning neuropathy, and have just been found to have the celiac HLA type: DQ8.
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity