Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Undeclared Wheat in Old World Meat Sticks
- By Scott Adams
- Published 03/16/2011
The products subject to recall include: [View Labels]
- 1.5-lb. cases of "Old World Meats ORIGINAL FLAVOR BEEF STICKS HOT" with each box containing 24 individual 1 oz. packages.
- 1.5-lb. cases of "Old World Meats ORIGINAL FLAVOR BEEF STICKS TERIYAKI SNACK STICKS" with each box containing 24 individual 1 oz. packages
The problem was discovered by an FSIS inspector during a label review at the establishment and may have occurred because of a change in ingredients at the establishment. FSIS and the company have received no reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a healthcare provider.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I founded The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity