Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Arizona Firm Recalls Marinated Beef and Chicken Products Due To Mislabeling and Undeclared Wheat
- By Scott Adams
- Published 12/31/2011
The products subject to recall include:
- Cases containing 2 10-lb. packages per case of “CHICKEN, BREAST DOUBLE LOBE MARINATED RANDOMS.” These products have an identifying item number of “2844671.”
- Cases containing 2 10-lb packages per case of “BEEF CHUCK, SHOULDER CLOD 1/2” SLICED MARINATED USDA PRIME.” These products have an identifying item number of “3096311.”
The problem was discovered by FSIS during a routine inspection. FSIS and the company have received no reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a healthcare provider.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers.
Consumers and members of the media with questions about the recall should contact Sandy Kelly, Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, Shamrock Foods, at (602) 477-2401 or via e-mail at Sandy_Kelly@shamrockfoods.com.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I founded The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity