Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Voluntary Product Withdrawal of Select Packages of Rudi's Organic Bakery Breads
- By Scott Adams
- Published 11/1/2012
Rudi's Organic Bakery, Inc. has initiated a voluntary product withdrawal due to the possible presence of metallic foreign objects in select products or product packaging. Products withdrawn from the market include only Rudi's Organic Bakery Multigrain Oat Bread, Rudi's Organic Bakery Colorado Cracked Wheat Bread, and Rudi's Organic Bakery Cinnamon Raisin Bread.
No other Rudi's Organic Bakery or Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery products are included in this voluntary market withdrawal.
The affected products include the lot codes below. Lot codes are printed on the quick lock closure, which is the plastic piece that seals the bread bag, and the UPC code is listed on the barcode on the bread package.
- UPC: 0-31493-82888-8 Rudi's Organic Bakery Multigrain Oat Bread (22oz) Lot Code 1-173-R
- UPC: 0-31493-54373-6 Rudi's Organic Bakery Colorado Cracked Wheat Bread (22oz) Lot Code 2-193-R
- UPC: 0-31493-92183-1 Rudi's Organic Bakery Cinnamon Raisin Bread (24oz) Lot Code 1-273-R
Consumers with the lot codes and UPC codes listed and/or who have questions, should contact Rudi's Organic via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-293-0876 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (MST), Monday - Friday.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I founded The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity