Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Read Your Labels!
- By Katie Nelson
- Published 06/10/2008
But beware! Not all labels are up-to-date. Why, just last night at a baseball game, I happened to glance at a bag of Doritos chips. I had even been told by the company a year ago that the item was gluten free. They looked delicious, but something in my gut (literally) told me to read the ingredient label over once more just to make sure everything was ok. And low and behold! Right there, WHEAT FLOUR.
Here are just some of what can be found in your local grocery store:
Yoplait 99% Fat Free Yogurt
Best Foods Mayonnaise
...these were the only things I bought at the store the other day, but there are more items to come!
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 1, 2006. Funny how easily I remember the exact day I went gluten-free. The date is as easy to remember as Christmas or my birthday. At first, I assumed I would be consuming nothing but grass and nuts for the rest of my life. But through trial and error, and with the love and support of my family and friends, I have been living gluten-free for nearly two years. I couldn't be happier or healthier. I am gladly gluten-free!
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity