Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Not So Saintly (or Gluten-Free) Ham!
- By Kimberly McGowan
- Published 08/6/2008
Food, food, food. The one thing I realize since being diagnosed with celiac disease, is how much time was not spent on food before. I must spend half of my recent waking hours thinking about what to eat. I have told myself that I am trying too hard and that all I need to do is convert my pantry to gluten free and stay with fresh, whole foods. Easy right? This has however, not been the case. It seems that at least once a week I am mistakingly adding some ingredient that I cannot eat. Tonight, Mexican night. Refried Pinto beans are in order.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).
I was diagnosed with celiac disease in late February after a life long struggle with digestive issues. I am in an exploratory phase with food right now. I have found that many of my old favorite recipes are pleasantly converted to gluten free and have proudly toted my gluten free alternatives to many a covered dish gatherings with rave reviews. The diet however has many challenges and it helps to read through websites like these to see how others handle situations.
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity