Latest Blog Entries
Lemon Ricotta Scones
(gluten free, sugar free, grain free, dairy free, Keto)
2 1/2 cups (280g) Almond flour
1/3 cup Swerve Granular Sweetener
1 tbsp baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
Zest of one lemon
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Kite Hill Ricotta
1/2 Tsp lemon extract
Lemon Glaze 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
1 tbsp Lemon Extract
Amusingly leaving out binders on this makes them a bit crumbly and is the perfect texture for scones and a great gluten free treat.
1. Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a large bowl whisk together almond meal, sweetener, baking powder, salt, use a sift to sift out into the bowl again and whisk in zest
3. In a separate bowl mix the eggs, ricotta, and lemon extract.
4. Combine the ricotta mix into the flour mix and stir until dough is well combined.
5. Divide the dough in half. and pat into two 6" diameter circles on the parchment paper lined sheet.
6. Cut each into 6 wedges with a dough knife or butter knife using a spatula you can spread them out on the pan a few inches apart
7. Bake around 25mins until golden brown and firm
8. Let cool and whisk the powdered sweetener and lemon juice and drizzle over the cooled scones.
http://thrv.me/gf25 For 25% off your first order.