As many know I was working on starting a 100% gluten free Paleo based Food truck business.
I had business plans down, menu tested at markets down, truck lay out down, and approved 150k financing pending a 30K injection and me finding a sponsor.
WELL the health inspector contacted me today with new regulations and this
A Commissary is defined as a permitted fixed food establishment that serves as an operating base for a mobile food vehicle. The commissary is where the MFPV will be stored, parked, serviced, cleaned, supplied, and maintained. When located in Ennis, the facility must be constructed and licensed in accordance with the Ennis City Health Code. Home based operations are not allowed. All mobile food preparation vehicles must report daily to a commissary where:
- The vehicle is properly cleaned and serviced.
- All food contact surfaces are washed, rinsed and sanitized.
- The liquid waste is properly disposed.
- The vehicle receives potable water necessary to operate.
- Food served from the mobile food vehicle is stored, handled or prepared.
- Single service articles are properly stored.
- The vehicle is stored overnight (minimum of 5 hours).
So now, even though the truck has a fully self contained kitchen plan will require me to build a commissary. The nearest ones for rent is over 40miles away...and with shared kitchens not gluten free.
And now I need another 200-300K to have it built God I need to find a philanthropist, with my dreams so far out of reach and me having to be a leech for now with family to get by I am quite cornered with what to do.