Date: Thursday, October 27th, 2005 Time: 6:30pm - 7:45pm
Location: Potomac Branch Public Library Meeting Room
Address: 2201 Opitz Boulevard, Woodbridge, VA 22191
Telephone: 703-494-8126 (direct number to the library)
· Join us for a Gluten Free Pot Luck “Kid Friendly” Dinner & Story Time. Each family should bring one gluten-free item (snack, appetizer, main course, side item, or dessert) to share. If possible, please bring about a dozen copies of the recipe card & ingredients. We will socialize and a! llow the kids and parents to get to know each other a bit.
· At the end, we will have a reading of “The Trouble That Jack Had,” which is a great publication about a little boy with Celiac Disease. All kids attending our event will receive a free copy of this book (courtesy of Friends of Celiac Disease). **I am looking for one pre-teen or teen volunteer who will be willing to read this to our group. I can provide you with volunteer credit or community service credit for your school if necessary. (Please contact Melonie at 703-445-8306 or OneSillyYak@yahoo.com if you are interested).
· I will also have copies of a gluten-free candy list to distribute, just in time for Halloween! YUM!
We will also have some samples of new gluten-free crackers from Kitchen Table Bakers!
· Please RSVP no later than October 25th to Melonie Katz at OneSillyYak@yahoo.com or call the ROCK-line at (703) 445-8306.
· Directions to Potomac Community Library
Southbound on I-95:
Take Exit #156, Dale City/Rippon Landing. Stay to the far right lane on the exit ramp and follow the signs to "Potomac Mills." Turn right at stop sign onto Potomac Mills Road. Turn right onto Gideon Drive at first traffic light. Turn right onto Smoketown Road at the next block. Proceed about 1 mile. Smoketown Road becomes Opitz Boulevard. The library is on your right.
Northbound on I-95:
Take Exit #156. (Follow the signs for Potomac Mills Mall.) This will put you on Dale Boulevard. Turn right at the first traffic light onto Gideon Drive. Turn right onto Smoketown Road. Proceed about 1 mile. Smoketown Road becomes Opitz Boulevard. The library is on your right.
From West - I-66:
Take Manassas Exit #47 off I-66. Go about 3.5 miles on Route 234 South (Sudley Road) through Manassas. Turn left onto Centreville Road (Route 28) for about .5 mile. Turn right onto Liberia Avenue for 4 miles.
Turn left onto the Prince William Parkway and proceed about 11 miles. (Warning: after about 7.5 miles, the Parkway will make a sharp right. DO NOT continue straight onto Old Bridge Road.) Turn right onto Smoketown Road which becomes Opitz Boulevard. Proceed 2 miles to the library on your right.
As always, membership to ROCK is absolutely free and we welcome families
who have kids with Celiac Disease and/or follow a gluten-free diet!