Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Malnutrition, Body Mass Index and Celiac Disease
Celiac disease is a tricky rascal. Just when you think you've got it under control, it sneaks up and manifests into new and often unexpected problems. At least, this is what we have found over the last decade. From contacts with others who have Celiac disease, we know we're not alone. I'm in my early thirties and find that sometimes my body acts more like that of an old man's.
A team of researchers recently set out to assess the nutritional and vitamin/mineral status of current “early diagnosed” untreated adult celiac disease patients in the Netherlands.