• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
7 7

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A15-m):

• Forum Discussions

Got it. I'll give it a try, starting today. (As in, cutting out the gluten-free oats and Bob's Red Mill products.) knitty kitty suggested I observe and lower my iodine intake. Do you have any insight into the relationship between iodine and DH? My understanding is that iodine aggravates already existing DH outbreaks and that gluten is still required to trigger the DH response. Is this your understanding...
    Thanks for sharing. A question -- is iodine only an issue if gluten is already present and triggers a response? I'll look into lowering the amount of iodine that I consume. At present I'm consuming a lot of potatoes -- between celiac and IBS I have trouble finding foods that I can safely consume -- so this could be an adjustment. Do you have any info on what levels of iodine are "safe"...
    Hi, I was wondering if there are some resources somebody new to the supersensitive lifestyle should read to get acquainted. I've been gluten free for a number of years now, but I still have recurring DH. I came to the realization after trying to ID the source of gluten contamination that I must be triggered by lower amounts. So, I need to learn as much as I can about this particular topic so I can...