Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shelly91011

Ultra Fiber Dx, Is This Gluten Free?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows if ultra fiber dx by barn dad is gluten free?  I  bought some day before yesterday and I added it to my morning smoothie yesterday and by the afternoon, I had a terrible migraine.  I have not yet been to the dr about my suspicions of having a gluten intolerance, but I have been gluten free for a month now and have had absolutely no migraines until I took this fiber supplement.  On the back of the bottle, it does say it has oat fiber, but in bold print it says "contains soy", so I figured since it did not say wheat or processed near wheat, that it was gluten-free, I even asked the clerk and he agreed.  I have been trying to find it online and haven't had much success, I did, however, email the company, I haven't heard back yet and I am impatient.  Just curious if anyone here knows.  thanks

Oats are problematic because of contamination with wheat. This starts in the fields, where they are rotated with wheat, and continues through the harvesting equipment and mills. Specially grown and processed pure oats are available, but at a considerably higher cost. Only specialty manufacturers of gluten-free products use them, and they will be labeled clearly as "pure oats" or something similar.

In addition, a number of celiacs react to pure oats.

Oats are problematic because of contamination with wheat. This starts in the fields, where they are rotated with wheat, and continues through the harvesting equipment and mills. Specially grown and processed pure oats are available, but at a considerably higher cost. Only specialty manufacturers of gluten-free products use them, and they will be labeled clearly as "pure oats" or something similar.

In addition, a number of celiacs react to pure oats.

I thought it might be the oats.  I talked to my chiropractor today, he's been gluten-free for 15 years.  He didn't seem to think it was the oats, he thought it was the soy, but I have eaten soy in the last month and have not had issues, so I think it's the oats as well.  thanks for your input, I appreciate it!  :)