Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kippen

Gluten Test Kits For Home Or Restaurant

Hello, All -

Has anyone tried the gluten test kits? I am talking about those little kits that you can take to a restaurant and test the food for gluten. They all take approximately 10 minutes to produce results.

It seems that 10 minutes is a long time to wait while your food gets cold. Has anyone come across a test kit that produces results in less than 10 minutes?

Thanks for your help! 

I think if if you need to go into a restaurant and sit there testing the food they bring out, it might be a good idea to give up eating out.  I am uber sensitive and rarely go out to eat but I would never do that.  If you pick and choose your restaurants carefully, and develop a relationship with the manager or chef in charge, you shouldn't have to test the food.  Not to mention the wacky looks you'll be getting from others.  :blink:  

Hello, All -

Has anyone tried the gluten test kits? I am talking about those little kits that you can take to a restaurant and test the food for gluten. They all take approximately 10 minutes to produce results.

It seems that 10 minutes is a long time to wait while your food gets cold. Has anyone come across a test kit that produces results in less than 10 minutes?

Thanks for your help! 

Thanks for your thoughts! I agree, the kits seem cumbersome. But we are going to travel overseas (India, Thailand, China) and wanted to be able to test food - I was hoping that someone had come across a fantastic gluten test kit that would not take so long for results. Has anyone come across anything that takes less time?

Thanks for your thoughts! I agree, the kits seem cumbersome. But we are going to travel overseas (India, Thailand, China) and wanted to be able to test food - I was hoping that someone had come across a fantastic gluten test kit that would not take so long for results. Has anyone come across anything that takes less time?

Ahhhhhh.....I see what you want them for.  I have to commend you for being so brave in traveling that far while trying to remain gluten free.  I think most test kits would not show a result any faster than the 10 minutes but I could be wrong.  Can you google it to see what you come up with? 

I hope you have a nice trip and are able to eat successfully!

Ahhhhhh.....I see what you want them for.  I have to commend you for being so brave in traveling that far while trying to remain gluten free.  I think most test kits would not show a result any faster than the 10 minutes but I could be wrong.  Can you google it to see what you come up with? 

I hope you have a nice trip and are able to eat successfully!

Yup, I have searched online but find nothing but the 10 minute ones. Darn. 

And, thanks, it should be an interesting eating adventure! ;)  (And painful one!)