Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've heard many poeple feel worse because of the gluten they ate prior to the test but I haven't heard of the test making them feel worse... I never had the endoscopy so I'm not exactly knowledgable about this... Hope you find answers and feel better soon.

My son had very negative behavioral/emotional reactions for a month+ after his endoscopy.

Funny enough, he mostly stopped complaining of stomach upset, c, d, etc.

But the behavior was definite. Even his teacher noticed.

We think it was a reaction to the anasthesia. He was a little "shocky" post procedure. The chills, chattering. Not unusual or unheard of-but a slight reaction.

Thank you for replies.  This was a follow up endoscopy while already gluten free, but suffering minor symptoms from slight gluten contamination.  I think that I just wasn't being patient enough with improvement upon finding a safer diet.  Things seem to be going better now.

I felt reeeeeeally wiped out and kinda like I had a low grade fever for a day or two after, but I don't remember much else being wrong.

I don't think I was any different. I started gluten-free right after it so I can't really judge.

I have several friends, probably not Celiac, whose " stomach" issues got better after and endo/ colo combo. Probably the good clean- out.

I felt pretty wasted after my double 'scopes last week (endo- and colono-).... my guts were all squirrelly too. It's a week later today and I'm fine now. I think the pre-colonoscopy flush-out might have been a good thing for my SIBO.