Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TrentsMom

Diagnosed At 6 Months

Hi there, my son Trent was diagnosed as a celiac at 6 months old. He is now only 8 months old and we're dealing with a lot of education, trial and error and many sleepless and screaming nights as we start our journey.

Our house and lives are making the transition to a diabetic (dh is a type 1 diabetic), kid friendly (picky eating 4 year old daughter) and now gluten free.

I'm having a difficult time finding many gluten free infant snacks. Baby and toddler mum mums have been great.

I live in Toronto Ontario and will be looking into some further assistance, support and guidance.

If anybody has and advice, tips, tricks etc. I'm all ears.

If you're nursing, you need to gluten free as well.

With my daughter, though she doesn't have to be gluten free (as far as we can tell) I do, so she gets what I get.  We did BLW'ing, so no purees or packaged baby stuff.  She started with avocados, pears, sweet potato fries, roasted carrots, etc.  I highly encourage looking up more about baby-led weaning, as it means less cooking and separate stuff for you to do too!

Trent is now 8 months. I did not nurse so he has been on formula since day 1. I have been making his baby food since he was 6 months.

Unlike many celiacs Trent is a big boy. 26 lbs at 8 months and very tall.

It's snacks I'm having a difficult time with. He already has 8 teeth so chewing isn't a major issue.

Unfortunately he has gone thru 4 days on gluten which I was unaware of. A friend made him stew which was cross contaminated. 4 days of screaming and now sleep for either of us. Is there anything comforting I can give a baby?