Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snadaska

Hard To Flush Poop-Symptom?

My dd is 3 and I don't know if she has celiac disease or gluten intolerance. She has a lot of GI and behavioral problems and So we are trying out gluten-free diet to see if there is any improvement.

One thing I noticed in the past when dd was eating gluten is that her poop would stick to the toilet. It didn't float really (which I had read was a symptom of celiac disease) but it didn't flush well. It would need 2-3 flushes. Now that she is on gluten-free diet and probiotics everything flushes down with ease.

I don't know what has caused the change. Hs anyone ever dealt with this? Any ideas what this means? Thanks!

My dd is 3 and I don't know if she has celiac disease or gluten intolerance. She has a lot of GI and behavioral problems and So we are trying out gluten-free diet to see if there is any improvement.

One thing I noticed in the past when dd was eating gluten is that her poop would stick to the toilet. It didn't float really (which I had read was a symptom of celiac disease) but it didn't flush well. It would need 2-3 flushes. Now that she is on gluten-free diet and probiotics everything flushes down with ease.

I don't know what has caused the change. Hs anyone ever dealt with this? Any ideas what this means? Thanks!

We had the same issue with our 8-year-old.  He only pooped about once a week and it was such that it wouldn't flush--clogged the toilet EVERY time!!  He was just diagnosed this last month!