Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

formygirl

Gluten Free Onion Soup Mix, I Think

This is Giant Eagle brand, and although it doesn't say "gluten free" i think the ingredients point that way... am i missing something?

onions, salt, maltodextrin, cornstarch, hydrolyzed soya protein, onion powder, monosodium glutamate, caramel color, autolyzed yeast, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, disodium inosinate, and disodium guanylate

contains: soy

thanks... that's what i thought... i just thought it was weird it wasn't labelled gluten-free since many of their store brand items are.

You would have to ask them why it's not labelled gluten-free. Could be they haven't gotten to all products. Could be they only label gluten-free on things they test. Could be this is made on the same machines as some mixes with flour in them ( like some chili seasonings, for example). Doesn't mean there is gluten in it, just means they are worried that it might be cc'd. Could be they are confused about what is gluten-free.

It's got a lot of " un- natural" stuff in it.

yeah, their stuff usually says when it's processed on shared equipment, but maybe it shares a facility or something.  thanks for the recipe... i use the stuff like once a year for pot roast :)