Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nikki2777

Macro Vegetarian Meals?

Hi - I'm new to gluten-free (having been diagnosed with Celiac about three weeks ago).  

Even before my diagnosis, I loved many of the meals from Macro Vegetarian.  While several are labeled Vegan or Wheat Free, none are specifically labeled gluten-free.  I have tried to find a contact number for them, but can't.  The ingredients all seem safe, but I'm worried since they don't label them gluten-free despite other labels.

I tried one I think is new the other day and it was beyond delicious:  Sprouted Brown Rice and Sprouted Quinoa.  I felt fine afterward, but don't want to take unnecessary risks.  I also love the sprouted brown rice risotto. 

Does anyone know if these are safe or how to reach the company?

Thanks!

Nikki

Welcome Nikki!

I couldn't find contact info on their website...but here is a company that sells Macro Vegetarian products.  I'd email them to find out.

http://starsgourmet.com/macro_vegetarian.htm

I was suggesting you have the store find out from the manufacturer or ask them to give you a contact number or email for the manufacturer. 

Sometimes the store already knows when a product is gluten-free. 

I also prefer email to telephone as then I have a written response and it makes it easier to share the info with others on this forum.

If you poke around enough, you'll see that their Kosher certificate has their address on it. It doesn't have a zip, but if you plug the address into the USPS website it will provide a zip for you.