Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auntie_Manda

Email From Conagra Foods

I email ConAgra foods asking about a specifc product, and here's the list of gluten-free foods they sent me (current as of today, 3/25/13):

Starting January of 2012, we began producing the following brands validated as gluten-free with gluten-free printed on their labels:
-Cocoa: Swiss Miss all varieties 
-Egg Beaters: all varieties
-Hunts Tomatoes (excluding Tomato Sauces, Tomato Paste, Pasta Sauces and Ketchup)
-Orville Redenbacher's: all Ready to Eat varieties
-Pudding: Swiss Miss & Snack Pack, excludes those containing Tapioca 

Below is a list of some of our other products that do not contain added gluten*
Category/Brand/Items
-PAM Cooking Spray: all varieties except PAM Baking 
-Hebrew National: all items except Franks in a Blanket 
-Wesson oils: all varieties 
-Peter Pan Peanut Butter: all varieties 
-Popcorn: Act II microwave, Orville Redenbacher jar and microwave, excluding Crunch n Munch and Poppycock
-Spreads: Parkay, Blue Bonnet, Fleischmann's and Move Over Butter
-David Seeds: all varieties
-Hunts Tomato Sauces (excluding pasta sauces) 
-Hunts Tomato Paste
-Ketchup: Hunt's all varieties
-Reddi-Wip: all varieties
-Ro*Tel Tomatoes (excluding sauces)
*These items have been identified as not containing gluten. They are not currently routinely tested to affirm they contain less than 20ppm gluten for a 'gluten-free' claim.

I reacted to the Lime & Salt variety of Orville Redenbacher microwave popcorn a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty bad. While there may not be added gluten in the ingredients, there was definitely something in that popcorn.

I eat the lime popcorn without issues. It is possible you have a problem with another ingredient, people have a tendency to blame gluten first thing instead of looking at possible other issues or intolerances.

That one didn't contain dairy, which I do know I am sensitive to, and I'm not sensitive to corn or soy (not sure if it had soy in it or not). I can't really think of anything else it could be. Some kind of weird CC I guess.