Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alesusy

Digestion Speed: Embarassing Question

Ok, so I was in Lyon (FRance) and I tried a super restaurant which allegedly uses NO allergenes: no soy, no wheat, no lactose and other stuff. I was hungry and I ate a lot - way too much. Then I got back to my hotel and I had a VERY strange BM and then a bout of diarreha. I think I just ate too much because thank God I was OK that night and the day after (still always tired, but that's a given).

Now, here is my problem. MY BM was strange in that the stools were of two colors, light and dark, as if made of two different materials pressed together lenghtwise (never happened before). Such dark color in fluffy stools must have come from something (undigested) I ate. But the only really dark thing I had had in the previous 48 hours was some black rice with my fish at the gluten-free restaurant. But I had finished eating that rice only an hour before!

I have read that scories from food take generally about 24 hours and sometimes much more to get expelled from the body. Maybe - just a guessing - a recovering celiac, though, processes and absorbs food at lightening speed? Any thoughts?

thanks

I've had that before, but had been because of slow bowels, things had time to sit and get compacted together and (ahem) a few days worth would come out at once. It wasn't that unusual for me.

As I understand it (not at all sure I'm right) the lighter the bm, usually the less time it has spent inside of you. I think stools are often darker the longer they have been in you because they have had more time to pick up  dead blood cells and bacteria (you'd be surprised how much is bacteria and not food - LOL). Because of this, I would guess the (ahem) dark came out first and then the light?

Ahhh, France.  Sigh. ;)