Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mamat78

Day 3 Of Gluten Free And Feeling Shaky, Low Energy

I am on day 3 of going gluten free to see if it helps my skin. I haven't had official diagnosis yet. Waiting on blood screening. I know i should be waiting but my skin was so bad I added gluten-free to the dapsone to see if it helps clear up my skin. So far, that seems to be going well. Today though, I am really struggling with lack of energy. I have been eating plenty of food that should keep me satisfied and I don't feel hungry but rather almost like I have low bloodsugar (shaky, weak ). Is this from removing gluten? I even had a nap today which I NEVER do! Lucky its still  spring break.

Yep. You have gluten withdrawal. You'll be feeling pretty lousy for a week or two but then it'll stop.

But if you're not done testing you really shouldn't go gluten-free yet.

Yes, ditto Bartfull about the withdrawl. I remember feeling pretty tired and soooo grumpy from about day 3 to day 14 (approx.).  Hang in there (if your testing is complete) and try to possibly increase your protein and fat intake - that's thought to help keep your blood sugar a bit more stable.

... or do what I did and eat gluten-free junk food/ comfort food for a couple of weeks.  LOL ;)

This is also day 3 of gluten-free for me!  And I also have skin issues, which is the main reason I'm trying this.  I haven't gotten tested for celiac, but I'm OK with that...  I have a feeling my doctor is sick of seeing me because I'm semi-hypochondriac-ish.  :)  Perhaps it's been celiac the whole time.  I ran across a website today that mentioned one of the many symptoms of celiac being discolored teeth (which dentists are quick to blame on too much fluoride); yet another check mark.  

I felt pretty shaky in the second half of the day.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.  :)

This is also day 3 of gluten-free for me!  And I also have skin issues, which is the main reason I'm trying this.  I haven't gotten tested for celiac, but I'm OK with that...  I have a feeling my doctor is sick of seeing me because I'm semi-hypochondriac-ish.   :)  Perhaps it's been celiac the whole time.  I ran across a website today that mentioned one of the many symptoms of celiac being discolored teeth (which dentists are quick to blame on too much fluoride); yet another check mark.  

I felt pretty shaky in the second half of the day.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.   :)

I feel much better tonight after eating dinner. I am tired and ready for bed though!