Rate this topic

Hi

I am wondering if anyone knows if potatoes can cause bloating? I ate a lot of potatoes today and my stomach feels like a baloon again. I think I consumed about 8 potatoes. I ate tortillas with potatoes for lunch and a soup with cauliflower and potatoes for dinner.

I am about 5,5 months into GFD, still positive bloodwork.

Yes, I think they can make you feel bloated in my opinon. If I eat too many potatoes, I almost feel glutened. I know they don't contain gluten of course, but that's how they make me feel. I became sensitive to potatoes and corn a few weeks after going gluten free. I've cut corn and potatoes out of my diet completely now and feel even better.

1. If I eat potato chips, potatoes, corn, soy, dairy I get so bloated it looks like I'm 9 months pregnant.  and I am a size 2.  I can't get into any of my pants or skirts for work and have to wear something baggy.  I also just noticed that when I drink flavored soda water I bloat up like a tick.  I have been gluten free for over 10 years and still have no relief unless I quit eating all together.  (I know this because I just had the flu for a week and felt great without eating).  I hate being cursed with Celiac!

32 minutes ago, Bell232 said:
  1. If I eat potato chips, potatoes, corn, soy, dairy I get so bloated it looks like I'm 9 months pregnant.  and I am a size 2.  I can't get into any of my pants or skirts for work and have to wear something baggy.  I also just noticed that when I drink flavored soda water I bloat up like a tick.  I have been gluten free for over 10 years and still have no relief unless I quit eating all together.  (I know this because I just had the flu for a week and felt great without eating).  I hate being cursed with Celiac!

Old post from 2013. but have you considered you might have Ulcerative Colitis?  Or something that responds to sugars and carbs? My Ulcerative colitis flares to sugars and carbs, Dairy, soy, and gluten are standard triggers for it. I bloat become gassy and my gut swells, I thought it was bad gut bacteria for years due to it corrisponding to carbs and sugars, but then got it diagnosed as UC last year. I went low carb/keto with a paleo base and have not had issues with it much. I take some other stuff to help but I no longer swell up really bad.