This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Blood In Stool

lorka150

lorka150 Collaborator

Last night I ate dinner at the Whole Foods salad bar, and was very careful, but as you all know, it was a salad bar. I felt okay after, but this morning felt as though I had been horribly glutened.

I guess I was.

Anyway, I diarreahed and then the second round came. It was small, and a little bloody. Does anyone get blood in their stools after being glutened?

Also, is a 'delayed' reaction possible? (Feeling it this morning instead of last night)?

Thanks.

It made me sad so I went on a shopping spree at the mall and spent over $500. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AmandaD Community Regular

Lorka - I'm curious...have you been diagnosed Celiac through blood test or biopsy?

Last night I ate dinner at the Whole Foods salad bar, and was very careful, but as you all know, it was a salad bar. I felt okay after, but this morning felt as though I had been horribly glutened.

I guess I was.

Anyway, I diarreahed and then the second round came. It was small, and a little bloody. Does anyone get blood in their stools after being glutened?

Also, is a 'delayed' reaction possible? (Feeling it this morning instead of last night)?

Thanks.

It made me sad so I went on a shopping spree at the mall and spent over $500.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lorka150 Collaborator

self-diagnosed.

AmandaD Community Regular

Red blood in stool can happen, from what I understand, with hemorrhoids or with good old diarrhea when you get irritated from food. However, I don't think blood in stool is very common for Celiac disease, if I'm correct. Before I was diagnosed with celiac disease I had to go through some testing for ulcerative colitis and Crohn's...not fun, but it's really important to get the appropriate diagnosis so you're treated accordingly.

Have you considered going to the doctor and getting the ttg bloodwork done to make sure Celiac disease is the condition you have (I'm so sorry I'm not up to date on your posts, I'm rather new here)? I'm curious because I do see some people are the board who are self-diagnosed and I find it interesting.

I guess I was.

Thanks.

It made me sad so I went on a shopping spree at the mall and spent over $500.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LLCoolJD Newbie

Blood in the stool is something about which you should see a gastroenterologist. It could be something minor, or it could be something more serious that needs treatment. It's best not to take a chance with something like this.

Guest BellyTimber

My experience is that I get a spot of red blood about three times a year, once only each time i.e. not continuing to happen later the same day.

Red = it comes from very low down, outside the actual bowel.

Black stool = blood coming from the intestines, is serious so see doctor.

My doctor didn't go through the usual diagnostic procedures with me so I wouldn't mind further examinations at some stage if done properly.

Crohns & other illnesses can have the same symptoms as celiac disease, can improve on gluten-free-WF diet, also can co-occur with celiac disease.

If you get the chance of proper investigations and also simply chatting with the doctor about this, I hope you will benefit.

tarnalberry Community Regular

If I get glutened and get constipation, my hemmroids (yeah, I'm 26 and have 'em... blah!) get aggrivated and there can be bright red blood *on* the surface of the stool when having a bowel movement. If there is blood *in* the stool, particularly if it's dark, see your doctor immediately.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

heatherh Rookie

To whom ever said they have hemroids at 26 dont fell bad. i'm 23 and having two kids didn't cause me a problem(as I was told it can) but this has. Mine blead about every other month, its bright. The worst time was after I went out with the girls to the bar, did a lot of dancing and drank quite a bit...I thought I tore something some how. When I went to the hospital the next day(it scared me that bad) the doc prescribed something to help with the inflamation and bleeding,you could should look into that.

Merika Contributor

It is common for kids with food allergies to get this when they ingest the offending food - typically 1-4 days afterwards. I suppose it could happen in adults too?

Merika

Archived