This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Happy Spring, Fellow Gardeners!

notme

love2travel Mentor

Snowing heavily at this moment. WHY, WHY, WHY???????

Off to Croatia this week and will welcome the drastic change in weather.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IrishHeart Veteran

Snowing heavily at this moment. WHY, WHY, WHY???????

Thank heavens you are emotionally stable. 

All that flippin; snow? oh man,  I'd have gone stark raving mad by now. :wacko:

Adalaide Mentor

Thank heavens you are emotionally stable. 

All that flippin; snow? oh man,  I'd have gone stark raving mad by now. :wacko:

REDRUM

IrishHeart Veteran

REDRUM

EXACTLY  :lol:

notme Experienced

True, but those moments will not require the arsenal of parkas, boots, scarves, mittens, gloves, heavy sweaters, long johns and hats we own. :D

One coat will suffice.

indeed :)  i moved down here with all the winter stuff (snow pants!  lol!  and even ice skates) and promptly got rid of most of it.  now, all my clothes are made of tissue paper - i had to go north in december and my sister picked me up at the airport.  with a wool coat (and i needed it!  Brrrr!)

nvsmom Community Regular

... REDRUM!!  I'm slow today, that took me a moment!  LOL :D  Good laugh though, thank you.

Yeah, our ground's still frozen except in the warmest corners of the yard. Our last frost free day is usualy a week or so after mothers day but still, the snow's getting to be a bit much. We had a total whitout for about half an hour today.  Ick. :blink:

Adalaide Mentor

I don't know how you guys do it, I would be completely criminally insane. Don't get me wrong, I refuse to live where it doesn't snow. I demand snow for both Christmas and my birthday. But by this time of year, I expect green grass, flowers, gardening, short sleeve weather and generally to have winter long behind me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

The only day I want to see any snow: Christmas Eve.

The maple tress are popping open, the lilacs are getting ready to burst open and it will smell wonderful for 2 weeks. The large bush is  outside my bedroom and I will open the window. (even if it is too cold).

The daffodils are open but the tulips are taking their time.

I mowed yesterday. yup, the mowing season is officially open.

shadowicewolf Proficient

70-ish today.... then drops to 30s with snow tomorrow.... and then back up again by this weekend. Its like a roller coaster.

Poor plants... I'm sure they don't like it.

notme Experienced

REDRUM

all work and no play make john a dull boy

notme Experienced

(my beets are up)  (sorry!...lolz)  :D

IrishHeart Veteran

PPST!!..It's Jack..makes Jack a dull boy  ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

(my beets are up)  (sorry!...lolz)   :D

braggart!! LOL

notme Experienced

PPST!!..It's Jack..makes Jack a dull boy  ;)

hahaha!  is it?  it's been for ever since i have seen that movie!  watched most of it with my eyes closed - the original john jack JACK nicholson one :D

IrishHeart Veteran

hahaha!  is it?  it's been for ever since i have seen that movie!  watched most of it with my eyes closed - the original john jack JACK nicholson one :D

I was reading that book in a  public laundromat years ago and was still scared out of my head. 

I know it's Jack b/c I have a brother named Jack, an ex named Jack and one in my life right now....(i know, crazy) and it's a common joke around here.

bartfull Rising Star

My late friend Kelly once broke up with a guy named Ron and almost immediately got involved with another guy named Ron. We kept telling her, "Two Rons don't make a right." (And we were correct - the second Ron didn't work out either.)

IrishHeart Veteran

My late friend Kelly once broke up with a guy named Ron and almost immediately got involved with another guy named Ron. We kept telling her, "Two Rons don't make a right." (And we were correct - the second Ron didn't work out either.)

omg, barty...spit on the laptop funny!!.

(and sorry about your friend Kelly :(    )

notme Experienced

I was reading that book in a  public laundromat years ago and was still scared out of my head. 

I know it's Jack b/c I have a brother named Jack, an ex named Jack and one in my life right now....(i know, crazy) and it's a common joke around here.

so you DO know jack!!  :D

HAHA!  my first (mistake) husband was ron - so that's what's ron with him!! lolol  

then i got my sweetie, who is bill.   my dad's name is bill, my brother's name is bill, my grampa's name was bill, my step-dad's name was bill.  

my son's name is

HARRY!  

:D

(ps- my beans & cukes are up.  can you all please thaw out so we can play garden???!!!)

IrishHeart Veteran

whew...for a second there, I thought you had forgotten your kid's name. 

Well, having all those Bills makes it easy when you have brain frogs. Just yell Bill! and odds are, someone will come. It may not be the Bill you had intended, of course.. 

Okay, it's 75 and sunny. Spring is here.  B) about freakin time.

bartfull Rising Star

I've got a lot of bills too, but mine are the kind you have to pay. :lol:

notme Experienced

probably why i'm always so broke!  :D

IrishHeart Veteran

:lol:

probably why i'm always so broke!   :D

:lol:  too many bills...........hahahaha 

oh man, we are so off topic about "gardening", but none of us seem to care! hahahahaha :lol:

shadowicewolf Proficient

I just walked through a blizzard... on may 1st.... a stupid blizzard... I couldn't see beyond about 15 or so feet ahead of myself.

Poor plants, I hope they don't go due to shock :(

IrishHeart Veteran

Sorry, kiddo. :unsure:

There was a famous blizzard in May, 1977 that I recall very well. I am thinking I was about your age (I was in  college)

Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link

GottaSki Mentor

Kitty grass has sprouted in two planters on the patio -- one happy kitty kat :)

& poppy buds are popping out of the top of the soil of the heirloom tomato shopping bag planters -- can't wait until the flowers bloom

Archived