Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nikki2777

Mouth Pain After Glutening?

I'm quite sure I got 'glutened' at a restaurant last night.  No need to go into the details, but I was a mess with D most of this morning.  I've been gluten-free for about two months and generally feeling good.  Tonight, I'm feeling like my mouth has got scurvy - i know, too early for a vitamin C deficiency, but that's how it feels.  I was just starting to feel this way regularly before my diagnosis, so I wonder if it's related.

Anyone experience this?  Kind of an odd effect of a glutening, no?

I get this also so your not alone. It does seem an odd effect but I think the inflammation that comes with a glutening has something to do with it.

Hopefully you will feel better soon.

Yes, feeling like I had only eaten candy all day or bit my tongue or cheek in the middle of the night is a symptom I have. I also get gum/tooth pain, but it feels just like nerve pain I get in my hands, not like sores.

Wow.  So interesting.  Thanks everyone.  I would have never suspected the relationship.  I guess this is a good sign for me that I'm dealing with a glutening rather than just something disagreeing with me.

Eating gluten for me has caused TMJ, mouth/tooth pain, and repeat tonsillitis (weakened immune system I think). Doctors have told me none of these things are related to my celiac, but I never had any of these symptoms or problems before. I'll get a small cold and end up with a fever, sinus infection, ear infection, and I've had tonsillitis twice since I started to get sick from celiac a year ago. I've been gluten free for 2 months now.

Yep, there were times when I felt my mouth was just....raw. Sore and raw. On top of that, the inside of my lips would peel off. Eeeek.

ps.The good news is since 10 months gluten-free my gums no longer bleed when I brush. Yeehaw.

I just posted a question about mouth issues and now see this. For over 2 months my mouth has felt like it is burned inside. My gums are sensitive, and my lips are swollen and sore. I am now being super careful about gluten contamination and bought new pots, bowls, and utensils. 

Hope it works. I am really really tired of this.